Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Thursday, November 17, 2011

Here's to you, my sweet girl...

I recently took a photo of my daughter.  She was working hard at something and had this seriousness about her. As she concentrated, her little tongue stuck out of her mouth a little.  
I've seen this serious face of hers a million times, she's been making it since she was a very little girl.  There's something comforting about seeing it again.  Kind of a reminder that as much as things change, they really stay the same.
Sweet girl, I love you so darn much.

8 comments:

  1. Oh how I love it when she gets that look....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's classic Soleil, and you just gotta love it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be my most favorite post yet!!! She is absolutely darling and you can see her courageous, sweet, and sincere spirit! What a darling girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ruth! The two bottom pictures bring back so many memories! Play-dates and ECFE, swimming and doughnuts, adjusting to life as a mom. That was such a sweet time. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way, Angela...I can't stop looking at the 2 bottom photos and remembering those early motherhood days...what an adventure we've been on! I feel very blessed that I've shared this journey with you...thank goodness we met!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet of you to say, especially since you've never met in person. It's amazing to me how keenly perceptive you are through the photos...I feel like you really know my kids. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often think about what you said one time about our friendship starting like a "blind date that actually worked out." That was so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your thoughts...