Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Thursday, September 1, 2011

Here's to you, my sweet girl...

Soleil is fearless and will try anything.  Her body may be tiny, but she has the courage of a giant.  I have always been enamored by her willingness to put herself out there and try something new. After not being able to hoola hoop at her kindergarten Sock Hop she taught herself, practiced all year, and won the hoola hoop contest in first grade.  Then she won it again in 2nd.  
This last week, while at the cabin, she was determined to paddle board.  When we explained that she was too young/little to paddle board on her own on such a big/deep lake she agreed to go out with an adult.
But then she insisted that she be the one paddling.
She's my WonderGirl.

Today I am grateful for Soleil's nerves of steel.  I'm convinced that if she puts her mind to it, she truly can do anything.

3 comments:

  1. Not to mention, she looks adorable on that paddle boat! I love a girl with guts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's first grade going for Calvin? Is his sportin' his cool hawk everyday? Shore really likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is pretty neat! So glad to have you back, can't wait to see you... good luck with the first day of school.

    ReplyDelete

Give me your thoughts...