Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Thursday, September 22, 2011

Here's to you, my sweet girl...

Mornings can be hard around here.  Soleil can have a hard time waking up and when she does often we're greeted with a mixture of hyperactivity and grouchiness.  
Sometimes there is screaming, door slamming, and tears...often times there are multiple outfit changes and tantrums over things not feeling quite right (socks, underwear, ponytails).
And then there is the daily fight over taking her medicine...and the Inspector Gadget routine that I have to do to be sure that she actually took the medicine and didn't just hide it somewhere.
  
Just getting everyone dressed, fed, and out the door can leave me feeling like I need a nap.


But then there is a morning like this one.  
And I'm reminded of all the sweetness inside my daughter...
and the gentle love that she shows all of us.

Today I am grateful for this...
Before I even came downstairs, Soleil had quietly accessorized Toni with a pink bow.

Thank you Soleil for reminding me that small acts of love can speak louder than morning grouchiness...
and that it isn't always about following a routine and getting places on time...that love and family don't always fit into my ideal Type A mold...and that your free spirit is truly a blessing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give me your thoughts...