Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wreath of Love

Have I showed this to you before?
I actually made it last year for Valentine's Day.
I'm not much into decorating for each and every holiday but bringing this sweet little number out of storage sure did make me smile.
I had forgotten how much I like it.
One of my favorite things about it is that I was I able to make it with mostly things that I found laying around.
It cost me nearly nothing...and yet it looks so pretty.
I really wanted the sign portion to be made of wood, but I didn't have any so I used a piece of cardboard.
It's kind of hard to see in the photo but I painted it Robin's Egg Blue, then covered it with Elmer's glue and then painted it again with white.  The glue makes the top layer of paint crackle...and look even more like wood ;)
So, for the second year in a row, this Wreath of Love is hanging on my front door.
It might show up again next year, too.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it.... you are so creative!!! Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful front door!

    I totally love the wreath, too. That whole Elmer's glue thing is mighty fascinating. Can I be your apprentice?!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Give me your thoughts...