Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Thursday, August 18, 2011

Here's to you, my sweet girl...

Today I am thankful for my daughter's love of reading.  Like many of Soleil's developmental milestones, she didn't start reading when everyone thought that she should.  And, of course, that led Corey and I to worry  her entire kindergarten year.  She just didn't seem to be getting it.  And she didn't care, which made us even more crazy.
Then, nearly overnight, sometime during her first grade year it all started to click...and she started.  
And then she didn't stop.  Today she would rather read than do anything else.  First it was the Rainbow Faries, then it was The Babysitter's Club, and now she is on to the Nancy Drew series.  She can read two a day.  I've stalked every Goodwill, Savers, and Salvation Army within miles looking for these books for her.
And I've loved every minute of it.

2 comments:

Give me your thoughts...