Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Saturday, August 6, 2011

Can't stop canning...

I've told myself to stop, that it's time to move on to something else...maybe to one of the four (gasp) Craigs list furniture projects in the garage?!?  But the bounty of beautiful summertime fruits and vegetables continue to seduce me.

So far I've canned the following:
Pickled Sweet Onions
Jalapeno Cranberry Jam
Bread and Butter Pickles
Corn Salsa
Carrot Cake Jam*

*This jam is so delicious I've dreamed of sticking my entire face in a big ol' bowl of it.

If anyone is interested in the recipes that I used, let me know...I'd be happy to share!

What have you canned this year?  

2 comments:

  1. I'd love the corn salsa and carrot cake jam recipes....they sound delicious! I've never canned, just frozen, so a few canning tips would be helpful, too. Thanks!

    I've been making pesto and freezing it....that's about it for now....more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo! Are you taking all of these cute pics with a point and shoot or something more glamourous like a DSLR?

    ReplyDelete

Give me your thoughts...