Happyfull, that peaceful place between wanting more and having too much.







Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nesting.

Maybe it was a mistake, but in an attempt to make sure that my older two kids felt important and loved I promised them both redecorated bedrooms...in addition to decorating the nursery for Baby Alice.  When I made the promise I truly felt like I had all the time in the world...and loads of energy.

It's taken me six months but I'm finally starting to get some momentum going for these projects...and their rooms are looking up.

I'm in the midst of some DIY projects for Soleil's room that I hope to show photos of soon...we're going from a beautiful soft shade of pink to a rather harsh "pool blue".  It hurts me a little to replace all of the darling Shabby Chic things with "sporty girl" stuff but I'm doing it cuz I love her so darn much.  And, besides, I can still have my way with Alice's room...:)

And, while I was originally pretty depressed about my $0 budget for these projects, it has turned out to be kind of a fun challenge.  

I can't wait to show you everything.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited to hear this! I'll be checking back like crazy in anticipation for the next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any new pics to post?! :)

    ReplyDelete

Give me your thoughts...